real simple has the best recipes. easy, seasonal, and i almost always know what all of the ingredients are.
i intended on making this salad on friday night but then we had a house showing at dinner time and couldn't risk making a mess in the kitchen (yes...our house is still on the market).
so when i came home from work on saturday, mike had whipped this salad up and had a bottle of red wine opened and breathing. yes...seafood goes better with white wine, blah, blah, blah...i much prefer red though.
lemony shrimp salad with couscous
[recipe and image from realsimple.com]
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 15m
- 1 cup couscous
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound snap peas, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup very hot tap water and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, snap peas, tomatoes, basil, scallions, oil, lemon zest and juice, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to combine. Serve over the couscous.