Wednesday, September 21, 2011

a to z of me


A. Age: 31
B. Bed size: queen though i am in serious like with the idea of a king since quinn often fancies himself our bedmate still.
C. Chore that you hate: cleaning the bathroom.
D. Dogs: wish i had one.  a lab or a german shepherd.  someday soon i hope.
E. Essential start to your day: a snuggle with quinn.  telling mike i love him and to be careful driving.  coffee
F. Favorite color: gray and blue
G. Gold or Silver: both!  throw out the rules that say one or the other!
H. Height: 5'8"
I. Instruments you play: mike bought me a guitar once for a birthday.  still have to learn to play it.  so for now i clap and sing.
J. Job title: mom, labor and delivery nurse, childbirth educator.
K. Kids: quinn est. sept 9, 2010
L. Live: new jersey
M. Mother’s name: marianne
N. Nicknames: stick when i was younger (and even more gangly).  sometimes mike calls me deuter because it is the name of a backpack we came across while traveling in europe.  sounds so endearing, right?
O. Overnight hospital stays: when i birthed my baby.  stayed a couple extra nights for him too.
P. Pet peeves: constant and unrelenting negativity.  when people don't wash their hands (i never miss a trick...it's a curse).
Q. Quote from a movie:  "My daughter's a tramp! My daughter's a tramp!" from Riding in Cars With Boys.  "The devil speaks for me...obviously." from Superstar.  
R. Right or left handed: right.
S. Siblings: three sisters.  and i am number three in that line-up.
U. Underwear: yes...on me now.  is that what you all were wondering?
V. Vegetable you hate: pretty much would eat anything...
W. What makes you run late: finding the right clothes that look both nice, stylish, and that can easily accommodate a nursing child. 
X. X-Rays you’ve had: ankle (just a sprain).  wrist (definitely a break).  back (to find out i have a mild scoliosis).  teeth (damn those wisdom teeth).
Y. Yummy food that you make: right...still learning how to flex my cooking muscles.  
Z. Zoo animal: monkeys and lions


4 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog since you did a guest post on Bridget's blog. I'm a new mom to a 3-month old and I love all that you have to say about motherhood. I'm also trying to become more nutritious and appreciate all your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny, I posted one of these today too! :) love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @emily - so glad you are finding any of what i say remotely interesting or helpful! how's the new mama thing going?

    @alycia - i have always loved those q&a emails that have been circulating since the invention of the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. deuter? wtf? how did i not know this?

    also, quote from a movie: LUCKILY (from the giving professor montoya a lap dance. come on sister). OR "i not a mexican!" OR "daughter's a tramp! wish you were never born!"

    such ripe pickings, kate.

    ReplyDelete